Saturday, 31 December 2011

Unscheduled Hiatus

Hi everyone!

Thanks for sticking with the "MemeSpreeNZ" project thus far.

It's been really stressful for me and mine, but in the process I've met some cool cats and clever chicks; I've learned more about the way good government works than I'd ever thought possible.

I even got a complaint laid against me by the Electoral Commission over the "Royal Wedding" images which freaked me out more than a little; it's a hell of a thing to come to your computer on the day before polling day to find, "This is so-and-so from the Electoral Commission, please respond; I am well aware of Rule One" sitting in your inbox one morning. I mean, I thought it was someone's idea of a bad joke.

Well, with the help of a lot of people who know more about these things than I do, the complaint has been dealt with. I'm probably never ever going to find out who laid it, and just in case the person who did lay the complaint sees this: I'm sorry that my stupid joke offended you. If you ever want to talk about why I went so over-the-top with my jokes, just drop a line to memespreenz@gmail.com and we'll talk about it, as privately as you wish.

Because when I'm alone, I'm just a guy who wants his family to be safe, and I can't do that if I feel like the government is being run by a bunch of self-serving crooks. Not criminals, per se - but just selfish, greedy mother-loving crooks.

So, when I get back to the Internet in anywhere between 1~5 weeks, I'm going to need the help of clever people like you to help me put together a submission to the Electoral Commission on why 1/3rd of the country didn't bother to turn out to vote. Because of my background, I'm really really good at coming up with theories, but I'm only just now learning how to source evidence to back my theories up.

2012 is going to be a really surreal year for everyone. There's supposed to be this big apocolypse happening, and depending on who you listen to, it's going to be about either neutrinos melting the earth's crust so that the continents turn to jello, or - if you're a Shadowrun(tm) fan, The Magic will come back into the world and turn us all into Elves, Trolls, or Dragons, depending on how many EXP points you have.

Obviously, they're both wrong - the sky isn't going to fall on our heads - but we'll have to live with all the people who think it will.

PS: Here are two little links to what the hell "Fnord" means:
Wikipedia- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fnord
F.N.O.R.D- http://www.backtable.org/~blade/fnord/index.html

Until we meet again, stay stafe; see you in a few weeks.

cheers
Arthur Monteath-Carr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! Please feel free to share any image or idea you find on the MemeSpree NZ 2011. Cheers!